What do the lights on the nbn™ connection box mean?
Power Light – this will be solid blue when the nbn™ connection box is powered on
Connection Light – this will be solid blue when the nbn™ connection box is powering the nbn™ access network equipment outside your home. If the light is red, contact your phone and internet provider.
DSL Light – this will be solid blue when the nbn™ connection box is communicating with the nbn™ access network.
Local Area Network (LAN) Light – this will be solid blue or
amber when the nbn™ connection box and your gateway are
connected but will blink when information is being transferred
between them (e.g. when you’re browsing the internet).
- Check the power indicator on the nbn™ connection box is illuminated green and is not flashing.
- Is it plugged into a power point and is it turned on?
- Do you have power coming into your property?
Indoor nbn connection box
- Check the ‘DSL ’ LED indicator light on the nbn™ connection box. It should show a solid blue light
- Check the LAN LED it should show a solid Blue light
- Check the Connection LED, it should have a solid blue. If it is RED you will need to contact us so we can report a fault
- Power-cycling the nbn™ connection box by disconnecting the power cord for 10 seconds before reconnecting it.
- Remove any existing ADSL/central filters.
- Try using other telephone wall sockets if there are any in the property
- Allow up to 20 minutes for the Connection and DSL Lights on the nbn™ connection box to turn solid blue.
- Tried resetting the
nbn™ connection box by holding
the ‘RESET’ button for 1-2 seconds.