If you use Slack - https://slack.com/ you can integrate incoming calls to provide information to a channel, this is useful to identify calls and tag other staff members for call backs.
In order to the Slack integration you will need to complete the following steps:
Create a Slack Webhook
- Browse to https://slack.com/apps/A0F7XDUAZ-incoming-webhooks
- From the Dropdown select a channel to post to or create a new channel
- Scroll down until you see Webhook URL, copy this URL for the next step
- If you wish you can change the name from incoming-webhook to something meanful like "Calls"
Enable Slack Integration
- Browse to https://dashboard.url.net.au/ and login
- Manage your PBX service
- Set the Slack switch to enabled
Activate Slack Notification on an Incoming Call Route
The flexibility of our platform means you can enable the Slack notification on particular Dialplans providing a very granular control for notification. This example will show you how to enable a Slack action for one Dialplan
- From your PBX service Select Call Routing and Dialplans
- Select the Dialplan you would like to add the action too followed by the condition rule and click Edit -
- Next, add the Slack Channel action fro the available actions list
- Now paste the Webhook URL from the "Create a Slack Webhook" section in the Ringing Channel Webhook field. If you want to receive events when a call completes, paste a webhook in the Hangup field as well. You can also receive a link to the call recording if you have call recording enabled by enabling the switch as well
- Click Save
- Now make sure the Slack action is positioned at the top of the action list by pushing the Up button
When a call reaches this condition on a Dialplan you should receive notifications via Slack.
In addition to the above, you can receive some additional information about extensions when a Slack Ringing event is used as above. If you edit each extension in your PBX service and click Events you can use the following optional fields to receive further information:
- Slack Ringing URL - When the extension is ringing a post to the Slack channel will inform people the call is ringing on this extension.
- Slack Answered URL - If an extension answers the call above then it will notify to the Slack channel the call has now been answered.
- Slack Hangup URL - If the call completes and hangs up, an event will be posted to the slack channel the extension has hungup.