Factory ResetIf your phone has already been used then we recommend that you factory reset its configuration before starting.
- On the phone press the setup button.
- Use the directional pad and go down to Factory Reset
- Click OK to perform the factory reset, the phone should now reboot and default back to the factory default configuration.
Login to Phone
- Using the menu key on the phone, go to the “Network” option and press the “Select” button and note the IP Address
- Using your web browser enter http://IP_ADDRESS, so if the IP Address in step 1 was 192.168.0.34 enter http://192.168.0.34 and press enter on the keyboard
- Click the link “Admin Login” You should next be prompted for a username and password, the default is username: admin, password: admin
- Click “Advanced” to switch to advanced mode
Find IP Address of Phone
To find the IP Address of a Cisco Phone:
- Push Menu on the phone
- Network Status
- Look in the List for IP Address
Configure SIPNext we need to configure the SIP Settings on the extensions. This guide will configure Extension 1 on the phone, the first line. Click the “Ext 1″ tab to begin. Now fill in each of the sections below.
Proxy and Registration
- Set Line Enable – YES
- Set Proxy to – SIP_SERVER (where SIP_SERVER is your SIP Server address, this can be found in your account notification)
- Register Expires – 180
- SIP Port - Make this a unique number between 6000 and 6999 for all your phones (e.g. make extension 1 - 6001, extension 2 - 6002 etc)
- Display Name – You Name e.g. John Smith or Sales
- User ID – Extension Number e.g. 1001 (this can be found in your account notification or in the portal)
- Password – Your Extension Password (this can be found in your account notification or in the portal)
- Use Auth ID – Yes
- Auth ID – Extension Number e.g. 1001 (this can be found in your account notification or in the portal)
- Preferred Codec – G729a
- Second Preferred Code – G711a
- Use Pref Codec Only – No
- NAT Mapping Enable – Yes
- NAT Keep Alive Enable – Yes
- Set Dial Plan to [x*].
Voicemail NumberClick the “Phone” tab and set the field “Voice Mail Number” to *101 or *98 if you want it to prompt you to enter the User ID.
SIP SettingsClick on the “SIP” tab.
- Set RTP Packet Size – 0.020
SDP Payload Types
- G729a Codec Name – G729
NAT Support Parameters
- Set Handle VIA rport – Yes
- Set Insert VIA rport – Yes